AustinHigh.org Forum Index AustinHigh.org
An online community for alumni and students of Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20 Year Reunion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Jane Monsivais

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: 20 Year Reunion Reply with quote

Is anyone working on our 20 year reunion? Do we have a place or date set?
Mary Jane Monsivais

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: 20 Year Reunion Reply with quote

Well, at least it looks like we have some interest in the reunion based on the number of reads the post is getting! Until we find the reunion organizer...does anyone have a preference for the venue(s)? The 10 year was fun, with a family picnic at Zilker and an evening event on Lake Austin. For our 20 year, I'd like to attend a family picnic again. However, for the evening event I would like to do something more formal. Maybe something downtown with a band? MJM
Susan Locke Speed

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Where is our class President? Reply with quote

Hey Mary....I have not heard from or seen too many from our calss. I guess alot have moved away. Hopefully will get something going soon. Where's our class President?...calling Paul Gerling....come in Paul Gerling....I have been in contact with Ward Jones, and invited him to come stay with me for our 20th. I think I have him talked into it, but the summer for us, is the winter for him, and he is teaching in South Africa. I think I can convince him, though! Might need some help from our class....any volunteers? Susan
Patrick Bradshaw

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: You Bet! Reply with quote

Hello folks! Happy to help out where I can, I'm still in Austin (and without kids may have a little more time than most). Has Gerling contacted anybody? I'll give him a call and see if he's thought about it much yet. Downtown with a band would be great fun, and I'd also like a chance to meet the families/kids in another picnic-like event of some kind.

Susan, get Ward over here! I'd love to see him (and you) again! Where in S.A. is he? I'm heading over there next year around November.

MJ, thanks for getting us moving on this!

Patrick
Susan Locke Speed

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Ward Jones Reply with quote

Hi Patrick!
How good to hear from you...Ward has been teaching at Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa, however, he is currently in Great Britain on a teaching exchange program. His e-mail address is W.Jones@ru.ac.za, and I hope that anyone from our class will invite him to come back for our reunion. It may take him a little while to write back, as he is very busy, but I know he would like to hear from "old friends". He has been out of Texas for a long time, and I don't think any family connections here......so please write him and let's coax him back! If you call Gerling, tell him that I am still around, and can help with planning, if needed. Probably a family picnic at Zilker again, and then an adult gathering would be the best...Let me know....By the way...I love your hairdo...sexy!! Laughing
Patrick Bradshaw

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: 20 year reunion Reply with quote

I talked to Paul Gerling today about the 20 yr, and he has been thinking about it a bit. I sent him this site URL to weigh in himself.
Debbie Roy-Chapman

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: 20 year reunion Reply with quote

Susan - you made it on!

I'm also happy to help plan......I still think that we all need to get together sometime soon for a happy hour somewhere......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Class Year *
Terri Fleming-Underhill

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for the company that co-owns/built the new Austin Hilton and the Austin Airport Hilton hotels. Maybe I could help get something arranged for the evening part??? Plus, discounts on rooms for those out-of-towners? No promises, but let me know if interested and I'll check into it.
Mary Jane Monsivais

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: RE: 20 year reunion Reply with quote

Thanks for offering the Hilton, Terri. That would be a great location for out-of-town alumni. It's in the center of everything!

I'd like to see one of our events at Laguna Gloria. It's been recently remodeled and fabulous! It would be a great venue for an evening event.
christopher l corsbie

Class of 1985

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still in town and I'd be willing to help out. Just let me know. I've been performing around town with some bands and dancers, maybe we could get in on the gig.
512-448-0811
Doctoral Student, UT Austin
Language for Special purposes
CALICO
Democratic Party
Austin Sailing Society
Barton Heights Hoot Steering Committee
Every 2nd Sat. at 1701 Collier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AustinHigh.org Forum Index -> Class of 1985 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: